Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fishing the Corner





(Click on images to enlarge)
On Saturday, March 29, I was invited to fish aboard the Playtime, a 41 ft. Luhrs, with Captain Pat Price his mate Ian (not my brother), the owner, Mike (I don’t know his last name), and a few of his friends. We started out about 4:00 in the morning for the other side. Once we got there we moved around quite a bit and then got a triple header Wahoo. Around 2:00 a marlin came up in the spread and attacked the squid chains and took the mackerel off. He tried to eat Mike’s bait and then faded back to the squid chain and then to the left long. I was in the tower with Pat and he told me to go down and try to catch him. The left long was right there so I dropped back to him and hooked up. I fought him for about 35 minutes before releasing him. Pat estimated him to be about 250 lbs. It was a lot of fun and he was a beauty!
We then caught a few dolphin and two small tuna. It was a great day!

(Contributed by Jr. Anger Member Van Wichers)